What is a dental emergency?
A dental emergency may include injury or damage to your teeth, gums, and other parts of your mouth. If you experience a dental emergency, we urge you contact our office immediately. Our caring dentist and dental team strive to accommodate emergency situations as soon as possible; we can often see you the same day. We can also provide instructions on how to care for your smile until you can come to our dental office for an appointment. If you experience an injury to your head or neck, however, it is important that you go to the emergency room before visiting our office, even if your mouth is also injured.
Your dental emergency may include one or more of the following types of injuries:
- A chipped, cracked, or broken tooth
- A severe toothache that does not subside
- A knocked-out tooth
- An object stuck between the teeth that does not come out with gentle flossing
- A lost dental restoration, such as a filling or crown
- Injury to the soft tissues of the mouth, including the gums, lips, cheeks, and tongue
Dr. Derek M. Stephens and his team are committed to providing high-quality dental emergency care in Merrillville, Indiana when you and your family need it. We invite you to contact us today at Renaissance Dental Enhancement Center for more information.